What if you could be happier, right now, without radically changing your life?
This isn’t a book about
positive thinking, silver linings, or always being happy. This is a book
about living fully in good times and bad, and enjoying life more
because of it.
In her debut book, nationally
recognized happiness expert Nataly Kogan teaches readers how to stop
searching for some elusive “big happy” in the future and start finding
more joy in everyday moments. Drawing from science, Eastern traditions,
her experience as a refugee, and her own failing search to find lasting
happiness through career success, Nataly shares simple practices to help
readers live happier and have greater resilience when times get tough.
Readers will learn how to experience more joy and meaning, boost their
“emotional immune system,” and embrace difficult times with compassion
It’s time to stop saying, “I’ll be happy when . . .” and start saying, “I’m happy now because . . .”
Some insights you'll gain from the book:
- Why learning how to be unhappy is crucial to being happier.
- How to enlist the help of your invisible ally: the emotional immune system.
- The way out of the Valley of Suffering and into the Valley of Joy.
- The key to embracing our “negative” emotions to help us to feel them less intensely.
- How self-compassion increases motivation to improve.
- The bridge of resilience and how to lighten our to-do lists with our Bigger Why.
HAPPIER NOW, Nataly discovers that chasing one big goal rarely
brings an end to self-doubt, fear, and unhappiness. Instead, true
satisfaction is more often found in facing our negative emotions,
cultivating self-care, and finding purpose in life. This book can be
guide to a life of genuine happiness." -Daniel H. Pink, bestselling author of Drive and A Whole New Mind