Whether it's their birthday, or they need a mood lift, or just because, here are 10 gifts under $10 that will make a friend's day:
1. An iTunes album. Is there an album that brightens your day? Share the joy!
2. A gift card. Having $10 to spend freely at a drug store or beauty store gives your friend the chance to treat themselves, guilt free.
3. Good quality chocolate. While your friends may like regular chocolate bars just fine, treating them to something from a chocolate shop can give them an instant boost (not to mention chocolate-high).
4. A bottle of wine. There are so many great bottles of reds and whites that you can grab for under $10 (I'm a huge fan of this Apothic Red). Talk to the salesperson and get their input.
5. A good pen. I like a really fine pen tip and those always cost a bit more than a regular pen, but less than $10.
6. A pocket notebook. If you buy a simple one, you can usually get both the pen and the notebook for your friend.
7. A book. Have you read a good book that you love and plan to keep in your home library? Share it with a friend. If she prefers to read on an eReader or her phone, buy her the digital copy.
8. Jewelry. You can get a cute necklace, ring, or bracelet from pretty much anywhere. Pick out something you think your friend will like, and she'll think of you every time she wears it.
9. Flowers. Grab a small bouquet of fresh flowers or a little potted plant to brighten a friend's day.
10. A scarf. Scarves are in style all year round. Pick one that complements a friend's coloring and personal style and watch her face light up when she wears it.