Whoever said that love ain't cheap was doing date night all wrong. Sure, it's fun to splurge on a pricey meal or VIP concert tickets once in awhile, but spending time with your SO without spending a fortune is a great way to create awesome memories without the fuss and stress of a major cash shell out.
1) Have a picnic - Ok, so there's so food and beverage cost associated with this one, but it doesn't need to be much. Pack your own grub and head to your favorite park, scenic outlook or just your living room floor.
2) Go to a museum - How many of us never spend the time to be a tourist in our own city? There are tons of great, free museums (Smithsonian anyone?), so take advantage of the culture in your own backyard.
3) Get dressed up.... to stay in - That's right. Put on your finest cocktail attire and order takeout. There's something about the juxtaposition of the two that is seriously fun.
4) Try something new - A new recipe, a new board game, a new home improvement project -- just break out of the mold; and your comfort zone.
5) Camp out in your backyard - Research shows that these little mini-getaways called microadventures, might just be the key to interjecting some seriously good vibes into your same old routine.