Seriously. No one's talking major cleaning, or sanitization, or Martha Stewart-perfection. We're just suggesting a few spring cleaning tips: some wiping, maybe a little light dusting, possibly a teeny-tiny bit of decluttering. Why? Because while you might not believe it, cleaning actually makes you happier. And living in a clean, well-organized environment can make you feel way less stressed.
So here are 35 tiny things to clean that will make you hugely and pathetically happy:
1. The trunk of your car. (Get one of these trunk-organizers.)
4. Your bathroom sink. (And here's the speed-cleaning version for the rest of the bathroom.)
5. Your medicine cabinet. (Dump anything that's expired [the safe way].)
6. Your hairbrushes. (Bring brushes with you into the shower and shampoo!)
8. Your refrigerator. (Move a big trashcan over and it'll practically clean itself!)
9. Your microwave. (Put a bowl of water and a lemon in there and it'll practically clean itself!)
12. Your coffee maker.
14. Your vegetable drawer.
15. Your fruit drawer.
17. Your sock drawer.
18. Your computer screen.
19. Your phone screen.
20. Your tablet screen.
21. Your TV screen.
22. Your keyboard.
23. Your eyeglasses.
24. Your sunglasses.
25. Your wallet.
26. Your phone case.
27. Your purse.
28. Your yoga mat.
29. Your water bottle.
30. Your reusable coffee cup.
31. Your headphones.
32. Your earbuds.
33. Your hair ornaments (In the dishwasher!)
34. Your pencil cup (In the dishwasher!)
35. Your vacuum cleaner head. (With a teeny tiny little brush!)
Don't miss your happier boost!
Subscribe to our weekly email to get practical tips and inspiration to help you feel more joyful and resilient.