You know all those HGTV redesigns that you lust after? Well, almost all of them are easier and less expensive to recreate than you think. All you need to know is where to start. And one place to start is by avoiding some of the most common interior design pitfalls. Here are 5 simple tips to make your home less aaarrgghhh! and more ahhhhh....
1) Get a grip on all your pictures: Of course you love your adorably photogenic family, but get all the frames of varying shapes and sizes off the surfaces in your home and onto a gallery wall, stat!
2) Hang your artwork at the proper height: This has less (ok, nothing) to do with your height than you think, so stop eye-balling eye-height and get out that measuring tape and level. The extra few minutes spent up front will make your entire space more balanced.
3) Get rid of that thing you hate: You know exactly what it is. That thing that's been bugging you ever since you moved in, but it's been around long enough that now you've given up and gotten used to it. Don't settle. Fix it. Whatever it is. You'll breathe a sigh of relief every single time you see it. For years. So worth it!
4) Using the right size rug: Rugs are expensive and intimidating. But they don't need to be. Follow this simple guide for selecting the proper size and you'll be covered (pun intended).
5) Tame the clutter: One trip to The Container Store and you'll be a believer in the awesome power of organizational tools. Get your stuff out of your way so you can go back to enjoying your house and living well (the less clutter you have, the less stressed you'll be). Bonus: more space for family dance parties.